In the last year, Jirafe experienced tremendous growth for which we couldn’t be more thankful or thrilled about. We moved into a new office, nearly doubled our team in size, and exceeded our goals of helping thousands of eCommerce merchants reach new heights.
But that doesn’t mean we’re stopping there!
We’re currently looking to add two back end engineers, a big data engineer, and an MBA intern to our already super-talented team. Check out the job descriptions below and if you think you’re the right person for the gig, email us your resume and cover letter explaining why, to jobs [at] jirafe.com.
1) BACK END ENGINEER
As our startup grows, we are looking for a senior back end engineer to join our extremely talented technical team. The right candidate will be an analytical and articulate individual who is a highly skilled software engineer, with total understanding of the methodology of delivering products in a real time, big data environment.
We’re looking for someone who loves what they do. You can demonstrate clear mastery of one (or several) languages. You’ll work in a busy environment, helping both the product and engineering teams conceptualize and deliver on design specifications. You’ll help mentor and drive the engineering team to solve complex problems in a dynamic environment. You will be given lots of responsibility, lots of freedom, big and fun problems to solve and help and advice when you want it from a team that enjoys working together.
- Work with engineering team to implement our product strategy
- Understand the current architectural landscape and work with the team to create a technical roadmap to support the the product and company vision
- Help design and engineer the architecture for scalability, high-availability, performance, flexibility, operational efficiency, security and maintainability (20K data req/s). Requires deep collaboration across the team
- Work closely with VP Engineering to ensure timely delivery of projects/releases
- Proactively offer options for features/improvements, and recognize potential growth bottlenecks before they become issues
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies, and be happy to defend those decisions
- Lead by example and help build consensus across technology and products
- Initiate standards, guidelines and best practices
- Ideally degree qualified in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science or - Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge of java, python, scala, or ruby
- Expert knowledge of standard development tools (e.g. subversion, git)
- Strong understanding of OO languages and and OO paradigm
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- Experience with unit testing and/or quality assurance engineering
- Excellent knowledge of systems architectures
- Experience in agile development methodology would be advantageous
- Good written and oral English
2) BIG DATA ENGINEER
Does big data excite you? Are you an expert in working with big data implementations and streaming architecture? If this sounds like you, join Jirafe and help architect a high-speed, continuous analysis engine that lets eCommerce merchants use analytics and marketing automation to grow their business.
- Evaluate, design, and build software components and subsystems that provide big data and streaming solutions tuned to customer-driven use cases, problems, and requirements
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design to perform large-scale data analysis
- Build and test stable components of a large analysis platform
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of two years of software development experience supporting data analytics systems and/or data management systems.
- Demonstrated experience building applications for large data sets using some of the following: Storm, Kafka, Cassandra, Cascading, Hadoop, and Reddis
- Ability to design, implement, test, and document complex algorithms
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
3) MBA INTERN
Are you looking for a phenomenal internship experience in a fast-paced technology startup? Want to be hands-on for the summer doing real work with a great team? Looking for a role in product management, product marketing or partner development at a startup backed from top venture firms?
We are looking for passionate interns currently completing their MBA program that want to join the Jirafe team where we are changing the game in the area of eCommerce analytics and data-driven automation. You will have the opportunity to work on complex problems with some of the latest big data, cloud and e-commerce technologies. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to be a member of the team doing meaningful work in the areas of product strategy, user-centric product design, product development and product marketing, with a sprinkling of business development.
- Work in the area(s) of product management, product marketing and partner development
- Develop actionable initiatives to advance the business and its product offering for customers
- Build business cases to quantify opportunities
- Collaborate with our leaders in product, analytics and engineering and make recommendations for the senior management team
- Produce a report at the end of your internship with actionable product or process enhancement recommendations based on your findings
- MBA candidate from top-tier institution, undergraduate degree in technology discipline preferred
- Professional experience with internet-based media, online applications, or e-commerce
- Comfortable with and ability to quickly grasp bleeding-edge technologies and business models
- Strong data-driven approach; experience with data warehousing or data mining a plus
- Self-starter and natural ability to work in a lean environment
- Solid balance of strategic thinking and ability to get things done
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Not sure if Jirafe is the right place for you? Our Careers page explains why we’re an awesome place to work. We can’t wait to hear from you!